What Is Sweet Tea?
Sweet tea is more than just including a spoonful of sugar to a glass of iced tea. First off, it’s always made in large batches and secret’s chilled in the refrigerator, able for an afternoon guest or an easy cool-down on a hot summer season day.
Most recipes call for a pretty vibrant steep, any place from a few swishes of the tea luggage through the hot water to a full five-minute dunk, notwithstanding a few Southerners like a finding out long steep to make a more desirable sweet tea. blend the sugar into the hot tea so it dissolves absolutely — I like the pretty light sweetness of a cup of sugar in a gallon of tea, however you could absolutely add more (or less) to suit your own personal flavor. (We Southerners do have a candy enamel! Coca-Cola, pecan pie, and sweet tea … Our love of sugar helps to keep dentists in business.)
Kick back your sweet tea entirely earlier than falling by the wayside it. I find the taste truly adjustments and improves the more chilled the tea will get. Pour it over ice, and drink it direction, or add a sprig of mint or drop in a few lemon wedges. For a adult, after-work edition, add a shot of bourbon or other favourite liquor.
How To Make sweet Tea
Makes 1 gallon
What You Need
- 3 family-sized black tea luggage (or 12 individual tea luggage) like Lipton or Luzianne
- 4 cups water, plus more to fill the pitcher
- 1 cup sugar
- Mint or lemon slices, not obligatory to serve
- Small sauce pan
- Long-handled spoon
- Large 1-gallon pitcher, or diverse smaller pitchers
- Convey four cups of water to a boil. get rid of from heat.
- Steep the tea for 5 mins. Dunk the tea luggage a few times in the water to completely hydrate, then depart submerged with the strings hanging over the side of the pot. After 5 mins, electronic mail the baggage and discard.
- Add the sugar to the tea. Stir till the sugar is absolutely dissolved.
- Pour the tea base into the pitcher. If using assorted pitchers, divide the tea calmly among them.
- Top off the pitchers with water. Add an alternative three quarts of water to make a gallon of sweet tea.
- Refrigerate till very sing his own praises. sit back for at least four hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Serve over ice. Add a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon, if favored! The sweet tea will keep refrigerated for about a week.
Enhanced sweet tea: For more advantageous tea, add the tea and the sugar at the same time, stir to dissolve the sugar, and then let the tea steep for up to three hours. electronic mail the tea baggage and proceed with the recipe.
Sweeter (or not-so-sweet) sweet tea: As it is, this makes a fairly gentle, flippantly sweetened tea; if you’d choose a sweeter tea, stir in additional sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, to the full 1-gallon batch just earlier than refrigerating. Stir till dissolved, then refrigerate. You can additionally add less sugar, if you prefer.
Arnold Palmers (aka Swamp Water): blend equivalent elements lemonade and sweet tea.